Following the health books list at Learning Your Craft From The Best Published Authors: Part 2, here are the direct Amazon links to all 50 Wellness Books.
As a health and wellness writer, you might well love reading around your own subject, but use this love for the self-help industry not only to feed your knowledge, but also to look at how writers are crafting books.
Figuring out how to write better by reading already-published business authors is crucial to getting your head around books.
As an editor, the difference between keen readers' manuscripts and authors who are not big readers is all-too obvious. It's why I'm so suspicious of those cookie-cutter programs that claim "I sold a best-selling 50,000 word book without writing a word".
Just no, dude.
If you want to be an author, aim higher than that. And do so by being an avid reader.
Here are those health, wellness and personal development favourites of mine.
- In Defence of Food ~ Michael Pollan
- The Happiness Trap ~ Russ Harris
- The Road Less Travelled ~ M Scott Peck
- The Power of Now ~ Eckhart Tolle
- Loving What Is ~ Byron Katie
- Anatomy of the Spirit ~ Caroline Myss
- A Return to Love ~ Marianne Williamson
- The Power of Less ~ Leo Babauta
- High: A Party Girl’s Guide to Peace ~ Tara Bliss
- Recovery: Freedom from our Addictions ~ Russell Brand
- The Four Agreements ~ Don Miguel Ruiz & Janey Mills
- The Book of Joy ~ Dalai Lama & Desmond Tutu
- Ayurveda - The Science of Self-Healing ~ Dr V Lad
- Self-Compassion ~ Kristin Neff
- Radical Acceptance ~ Tara Brach
- Mindfulness for Beginners ~ Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Cancer Proof ~ Dr Heather Paulson
- Yoga for Diabetes ~ Rachel Zinman
- Deep Nutrition ~ Catherine Shanahan
- The Obesity Code ~ Dr Jason Fung
- Fast Food Nation ~ Eric Schlosser
- The Sleep Book ~ Dr Guy Meadows
- The Sleep Revolution ~ Arianna Huffington
- When Things Fall Apart ~ Pema Chödrön
- The Art of Living ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying ~ Marie Kondo
- Breaking Negative Thinking Patterns ~ Gitta Jacob
- Pussy: A Reclamation ~ Regena Thomashauer
- Love Your Lady Landscape ~ Lisa Lister
- Sex, Drugs and Chocolate: The Science of Pleasure ~ Paul Martin
- Body Respect ~ Linda Bacon & Lucy Aphramor
- Thrive ~ Arianna Huffington
- Mindset ~ Benjamin Smith
- ACT with Love ~ Russ Harris
- Feeding Success ~ Emmanuelle Galland
- Anti-Inflammatory Cookbook ~ Donna McBride
- A Realist’s Guide To Sugar Free ~ Sherri Nicholds
- Allen Carr’s Easy Way to Stop Smoking ~ Allen Carr
- Hunger ~ Roxane Gay
- Fat is a Feminist Issue ~ Susie Orbach
- The Beauty Myth ~ Naomi Wolf
- The Good Girl’s Guide to Owning Your Sexy ~ Laura Boyd
- The Feminine Mystique ~ Betty Friedan
- Vagina ~ Naomi Wolf
- Code Red ~ Lisa Lister
- How to Stop Worrying and Start Living ~ Dale Carnegie
- Explain Pain ~ Dr David Butler & Prof G Lorimer Moseley
- Yoga Anatomy ~ Leslie Kaminoff
- The Art of Happiness ~ Dalai Lama
- The Happiness Project ~ Gretchen Rubin
Note: When using any Amazon links on this site, I may receive an Associate commission if you go on to purchase through Amazon.